Friday 28 December 2012

Moonshine

Moonshine
A beautiful reflection on the lake
The distance between us will always be
From the earth to its faithful satellite
Untouchable ray of light

You offer me your hand
But I dance a lonely duet
You illuminate my heart
As you shine through my chest

Your delicate touch brushes my cheek
Fresh tears spring to my eyes
Wishing you were mine

My tears, they break apart your surface
But like the downpour of a hurricane
You embrace the rain
And as they touch your lips
They disappear

How I wish I could hold you
Gently cradle you in my hands
And keep you safe from your monsters
As you kept me safe from mine

We could dance forever
Get lost in this dream
And be a girl, insecure and flawed
Made perfect by the glow of nightfall
Moonshine

No comments:

Post a Comment