Monday 5 March 2012

*In My Heart

You can see the ambition in his eyes
That say he'll never be satisfied
With this little town, too quiet and still
All dreamy eyes and elbows on windowsills

But I've always had a dreamer's heart
With which I could never have thought to part
Yet here it is, upon my sleeve
Just like him, all packed to leave

And as the train rolls out of sight
Our lips, they whisper their last goodbyes
And as the tingle fades from his last kiss
Remind myself I want for him only happiness

With my elbows on my windowsill
I wait for the day I know that he'll
Come back to me, a promise kept
We said goodbye but * he never left

1 comment:

  1. the "I'll always love you" song by Whitney Houston was stuck in my head when I read this.

    It made it more epic :P

    ReplyDelete