Monday 26 March 2012

My Forever

We're lying here, my head on your chest
My heart beats steady to the sound of your breath
We're staring up at your ceiling, when suddenly
It becomes a white canvas stretched over me

My paintbrush flies, uncontrollable
My imagination so emotional
And so I paint them, scene by scene
Like photos on a projector screen

We're on a grassy hill in mid July
The moon rivals the clouds for a brilliant night sky
But as we start to dance to the grassy sway
The crickets' lullabies fade away

The stoke of midnight through a canopy of leaves
Brings a wave of goosebumps beneath our sleeves
While we look for our futures in an open fire
Telling stories of our hearts' desires

I can feel the wind streak through my hair
As we plummet through the icy air
And leave behind great clouds of snow
Waving the mountains goodbye, we'll go

We're at the top of the world, a breathtaking sight
Even for those afraid of heights
Children's laughter fill the fair
Balloons and popcorn everywhere

Silence now, we're along the shore
Our names in the sand in a heart once more
The waves will make our castles fall
But we can never resist the water's call

We find ourselves on an ocean liner
The shimmering lights could not be finer
They match the sparkles in the west
As the stars pull a blanket over the sunset

And as we're lying here, my head on your chest
My heartbeat still paces with the sound of your breath
Not nearly as perfect alone as we are together
This could be our forever

No comments:

Post a Comment