Friday 26 April 2013

Borrowed Words: I Hope This Only Happens In My Nightmares

I said,
"I'm lost without you

And I can't breathe without you
And I can't love without you
But I'm leaving you now"

You've been talking in your sleep
Things you never say to me...
You used to lie so close to me
Now there's nothing more than empty sheets
Between our love

Is it time to let you go?

If this was a movie, 
I'd say

"Turn around, come back, so I don't dream without you"
And I promise I will make you want to stay

But I don't know
How to be something you'd miss
I'm lost 'cause you're the only thing I know

It hurts to let you go.

I can already see you
Sleeping next to a new lover
Sharing your dreams with another
And all I can think is 
You won't find this
But I don't know how to be something you'd miss

If we fall apart
Please remember me at my best
Because the best part of me was always you

And you can keep my heart
It's more at home in your hand
Than in my chest

I don't know
How to be something you'd miss
Because I never thought we'd have a last kiss
Your name, forever the name on my lips

That last kiss I'll cherish
Until we meet again
I'll keep you in my memory;
I hope you think of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment