Sunday 8 January 2012

Change

Could I turn all the ice
Into glittering snow?
Could I brush the dirt off my knees
And make new plants grow?

Could I somehow turn the hurricane
To a pretty summer breeze?
Could I forget about the sting
And just watch the bees?

Could I listen to the rain
And forget about the storm?
Could I ever light a fire
Just to keep warm?

Could I drink from a glass
And not think of poison?
Could I just kiss with the lips
That my tears always moisten?

I'm tired of the shadows,
Tired of the dark
Let me journey to the light
I'm ready to embark

3 comments:

  1. Saw this within 4 seconds of it being posted :D

    Btw, this reminds me of the Sound of Music, where there singing about BEE STING and stuff that makes us sad, but when I think of my favorite things,

    Then I don't feel! Soooo bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gonna say... that was fast O.O
    And haha, I didn't think of Sound of Music at all, but it makes sense. I actually got the bee idea because I accidentally typed bees instead of breeze in the line before it

    ReplyDelete
  3. mm, i like the images ^^.
    There's lots of hope in this poem, and i now see the tag...

    ReplyDelete